Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Rumors are True

We are having a baby in June, and its a boy! Some members of Ryan's family discovered the surprise earlier, but the official announcement to my family (none of whom had any idea) was christmas day. I tried posting the video we took catching everyone's reaction, but couldn't get it to work. We made the announcement on the Vellinga side when we came back from Seattle.

My brother's girlfriend's mom is an ultrasound tech, so we went in after hours and found out that it was a boy at only 15 weeks. Lucky, I know. I was convinced it was a girl from day one, but Ryan had 3 dreams that it was a boy. He would always say, "Well, this will determine who receives revelation for our family."

We are very excited. Going on 17 weeks come monday, and feeling much better in general.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

We are so excited for you guys!!!!!! It was great to see you at christmas! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and that we get to meet the little guy!

Heidi A said...

Congratulations! This is Ryan's cousin, Heidi Vellinga Applegarth. I'm excited for you guys to have your first baby!

Annie said...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAY!!!! I am SO excited for you!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Ann said...

Don't you dare let the "boy" revelation go to Ryan's head...Dave has been right on both our girls, but I had Davis right, and now all I hear is that he is more in tune than me. Silly husbands! Glad you are feeling better.

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

Well hello! Didnt even know you had a blog until you commented on mine:) what a pleasant surprise. Paul and I are VERY excited for you guys! Kudos on getting the family going, it took us about 3 1/2 years and it was even an accident, haha. We wont be telling the child that though

Lisa and Mark said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Christie said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!! I'm so happy for you! woo hoo! Good job making a baby! love ya :)

Megan Holdaway said...

WHAT!?!? How exciting! Congrats!!!