Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baby Jane

Jane Elizabeth was born on Nov 6th at 2:14 pm. She was 2 weeks and 1 day early, weighed 6lbs 12 oz (the exact same as Crew, who was born exactly 2 weeks early), 19.5 inches long and 13 inches head circumference. She was very timely in her arrival. . . Thursday we got gas, heat, an oven & stove and all of the above finally in the home, Friday Katie threw me a baby shower in the evening, and contractions started at 3:00am Saturday morning. She was also careful to make sure she didn't come the day before Ryan's mega exam week, which was her due date. I know Ryan is very grateful for that.

I thought she looked different than Crew until I looked at these pictures. I can think of some really similar ones from when Crew was born. She has a different nose than Crew, and a dimple chin. All the nurses have commented on her dimple chin - which neither Ryan nor I have. Her hair is a lot like Crew's was.
Crew's visit was short and sweet on day 1 - he came right in time for some french fries :) He just got to see her in the nursery, but we look forward to seeing him again today and introducing him to his baby sister. Thanks to Katie and Josh for taking good care of him.

14 comments:

KristenMV said...

OHHHHH she is adorable!!!!!!! we love the butt-chin(mom says that dimple is huge!!) she is sooo sweet thank you for posting! i have been checking the computer about every ten minutes since you told us CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER!!!!!

Jana said...

She is so beautiful! I love the hat, did you make it? It's perfect. Also enjoyed the baby bird blanket it the back :) Congrats again, we cannot wait to meet her!!

Camille said...

Congratulations!!! Jane is adorable and I just love that hat! Graham also arrived at the hospital in time for french fries...the important (and yummy) things in life! Hope all is well. All our love to your whole family!

Annie said...

Ohhh, she is just precious! Congratulations! Love her name!!!

Max and Mary said...

I want you to know that this is our 24th great grandchild. and such a beauty she is. We are so excited for you guys. I hope Crew takes it okay. It was nice to see his pictures too, he's growing up.

jess said...

congratulations lauren, ryan, and crew! she is beautiful! so happy that she is here and healthy! glad the house got all settled before she got here, just in the nick of time! it will be nice to have a long hot shower now! congrats!

katie said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! A family of four, we still can't believe it! We can't wait to see you all again.
love from,
Adam, Katie, & Jonathan

Natalie Felt said...

She is so precious! Congratulations! Enjoy every moment.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! She is so precious, and I love the name!

Rasmussens said...

She is so cute! I love the hat! I'm glad she came early for Ryan sake! I know how much fun test weeks can be.

Kelly Hadley said...

Good work. A few things I like. 1- love the hat Lauren 2-love the dimple and 3-love the glamour shot of you Ryan, with a baby on the side.

Kristi said...

Of course the Mantec crew have to check her out!! She is beeeeautiful! Very perfect sweet round head :) quite different from her brother's at birth if I remember correctly! Already styling with the hat! I am trilled and so excited for all of you. Much loves!!!

Diane said...

congrats! She's adorable! We are so happy for you. What a cute little family you are! loves...

Camile Kellogg said...

What a perfect addition to your family! Congratulations Lauren :) I'm glad you're doing well in NY... miss you!