We had a great time, and it was a nice little spring break getaway.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Philadelphia
Ryan got a sweet deal on priceline at the Marriott right downtown. This is the city hall building a block away from our hotel. Probably our favorite view in the downtown area.
Of course we had to do the liberty bell. Crew was feeling less than stellar this day, but still did pretty well considering the circumstances.

One of my favorite pictures from the trip. Studly. Jane looked so cute and little all bundled in Ryan's coat. And everyone passing by ooh-ed and ahh-ed at the baby.
Cobblestone road in front of the second US bank.
In front of the first US bank. Everyone put a finger in your mouth!
Independence hall: where the declaration of independence was signed.
This was the Macy's right downtown. They had a huge pipe organ, the biggest ever built - this picture only shows a part of the organ. We missed the show, but it was a really cool thing to see.
And probably our favorite part of the trip - the food. We ate at Kanela, a greek restaurant two days in a row for breakfast. A long time ago, Ryan and I saw this show called "The best thing I ever ate" on the Food Network, and this was one of the featured restaurants. We have talked about it often since watching it, so Ryan made sure it was walking distance from our hotel when he booked the trip. It did not disappoint! We loved it so much we went to the same place the next day. I'd even make the trip again just to eat there.
We had a great time, and it was a nice little spring break getaway.
We had a great time, and it was a nice little spring break getaway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like it was fun! I wish we could have explored with you, and ate with you. Maybe I'm just starving right now but it does look delicious!
How fun! I'm glad you guys got to go. And all of the food pictured looked scrumptious! Do you guys have any plans for the summer yet?
Post a Comment