Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Jane's Birthday

Sweet Jane turned 1 this last Sunday. She had a little bit of a rough day and didn't get a good nap, so by cupcake time she was getting tired. But she got totally spoiled, and has had lots of fun having girl toys. She got babies with bottles and binkies, a crib and stroller, and even a my little pony. Crew loves her new toys just as much as she does. I did not do a very good job of photographing the day, so here are the few that turned out OK.
She has been able to take several steps for some time now, but still favored crawling most of the time until about 3 days ago. She learned how to get up on her own, and now she is a walking machine. I can't believe how fast she has gotten in just a couple of days . . . and she always prefers to walk now instead of crawl.
We gave her that bottle and she knew right what to do with it.
AND, the birthday video. . . that is kind of sad. We scared her when she tried to grab the flame and we all kind of freaked out. I was holding the camera, and didn't even think about that being a potential hazard. . . DUH MOM! Oh, memories.

4 comments:

Lori Orr said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that video!

KristenMV said...

soo cute, she's so big! i can't wait to see you guys. love the video

Marissa said...

Her face is priceless in that video!! Happy birthday Jane!!

Natalie Felt said...

She is so cute. I can't believe how big she is. She looks so much like you.