Monday, March 29, 2010

Breakthrough

Crew has had a big day. The last time we got him to take any steps was the beginning of march, as seen in the video I posted of him and Jared. Since then, he has refused to do it ever again. He would lean so hard against us, that we wouldn't let go of him. If we did let go, he would just fall over on purpose. Though he has been pretty good at scaling the furniture from one thing to the next for a while. This morning Ryan and I tried to get him to walk back and forth between us. Of course, we had to find some sort of enticing item to get him to do it. We slowly let go of his hips, and after he had taken a few steps by himself, he realized he could do it. This video was taken literally 10 minutes after we tried to get him to walk by himself the first time. I'm shocked at how good he is already.

8 comments:

jess said...

how fun! he looks adorable walking around! now he can really chase johnson around!

Christie said...

pretty impressive! soon he'll be running all over town.

Emily Jones said...

Wow! I can't believe he's walking already! He is such a cutie pie! You need to post some picture of you too every now and then Lauren! :) Love ya!

Lisa and Mark said...

so adorable!!

Kim Hughes said...

That's amazing! Great job Crew.

Benji and Aubrey said...

he needs to come and give Abbie some lessons. She refuses to walk. She's just a little chicken.

ps I LOVE his Sunday suit

Ashley C. said...

Okay I LOVE that he walks with his thumb in his mouth. And that look that he gives you when he turns around is so stinking cute!

Jana said...

It cannot be true! He's getting so big, I can't believe he's already walking. So fun!