Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bronx Zoo

On the Saturday after Crew's birthday we went to the Bronx Zoo with some friends from church to celebrate. We had a really great time! We started out with the baboons, and headed over to the polar bears. I wasn't sure if Crew would really pay attention and look for the animals, but I thought he might. His favorite book is the one with pictures of real animals, not cartoons. And as I mentioned, he loves dogs, and always points out the birds. He really liked it so that made it fun.Some of what we saw at the zoo: tigers, lots of monkeys, giraffes, brown bears play fighting, lots of birds, buffalo, deer, alligators, and fish. Kim brought some birthday brownies and candles for the kids to blow out. Ella is Crew's friend who turned 2 on the same day that Crew turned 1. And Henry is Ella's boyfriend. And honestly, Crew doesn't mind being the third wheel :)
Sweet Ella. She says the cutest things, so I always have one ear tuned in to try to hear what she is saying. Some of these pictures are courtesy of Kim Hughes Photography, Inc which I stole from her facebook. I really loved this one she took of Crew. Oh, the cheeks, and the eyes.
We gave the kids a moment to play in the grass. It was so funny how they were all playing with this sign.
Henry and Ella were walking and holding hands, and it was really cute. And then they invited Crew to join in. Henry has a good grip, because they walked like this for a little ways before breaking up.
We had a really fun time at the zoo. I love it when we actually plan and do something on a Saturday. Its too easy to just get stuff done around the house, and then have the day be practically over.

1 comment:

Kim Hughes said...

I love our kids and am ready for round 2!!