Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Wall

It's been a work in progress for WAY TOO LONG now. I've been collecting old pictures of our parents and grandparents that I wanted to include. Then last summer I got all the frames from garage sales and thrift stores, and painted them black. I have pulled them all out and arranged and re-arranged them several times, allowing them to sit on our kitchen table for days at a time before putting them away again, and being endlessly unwilling to commit to any arrangement. I still have to add one more picture, which will either go in the closest frame, or I'll make some swapping of the photos so that they all work in the right frame. Eventually they will all be black and white photos, and not scraps of fabric that I put in there just to fill space. Finally yesterday on a whim I pulled them all out, arranged them once, and started putting them up. I had been putting it off for far too long. I'm so glad I finally did it, and it's not the end of the world if I want to switch them around later, right? For now, I'm happy with how it turned out.

4 comments:

Diane said...

I love the "Wall"! It looks great. I can't see all the pics but I smiled when I saw the one of mom and dad. It's a fav. You did well!

Lori Orr said...

It looks great! I'm so proud of you that you got it done! Now if we could just say the same for our boxes!

katie said...

The arrangement is great! I love it.

Mary Ann said...

Love it, love it, need to copy it.