Before I get to the real post, I want to document Jane's first piggy braids. Doesn't get any cuter than that!
After Ryan finished his rotation in Washington, we drove back to Utah for one more week. We made the special trip to be able to attend Jake & Tracys wedding. We still credit Jake as the man who brought Ryan & I together - and we just HAD to be there to celebrate this new beginning for them.
While we were there we got to spend 2 nights up at Roy & Ross's cabin in Beaver. I have to admit, I didn't really want to go. I was so sick of packing and un packing and re packing our bags, I didn't know what the cabin was like and really didn't want to be cold. But Ryan pushed it and pushed it, and so I agreed to go - with a slight bad attitude. But honestly, it ended up being so much fun. I was so glad I gave in, and I certainly changed my attitude. It was time away from phones and computers where we were just together as a family. I also got all emotional as I read the journal they have up in the cabin for guests to sign. I started to learn why that place is so special and important to so many members of our family - and how many great memories were made there. It made me appreciate it so much more. We spent most of our free time fishing. The kids loved it, and Ryan loved it even more.
Crew wore this headlamp the ENTIRE time we were there. The entire time.
They loved the fish. Jane kept telling me, "he's nice". I told her to give it a kiss, and she went for it and got a floppy wet fish on her face. I have a video of it, its hilarious.
We put the kids to bed in the loft, and then sat downstairs and read books quietly with a fire. It wasn't cold after all. Ryan told me before we fell asleep that if I got cold to let him know. He said he would get up and make a fire. I don't know what it was, but that made the entire trip worth it to me. He would have gotten up in the middle of the cold night to make us a fire. That was all I needed to hear :)The kids got one more trip on the power wheel at aunt Joyce's.
We got one last trip to our favorite place in :)
And we got to be in the temple to see these two get sealed for time and all eternity. It was a joyful day, and we felt so blessed to be there!
No comments:
Post a Comment