Sunday, May 5, 2013

Seattle - September 2012

After Ryan's away rotation in Utah, we had a week break and then he started a rotation at the University of Washington in Seattle. Ryan was SO BUSY during this rotation, he was hardly around EVER. I got to see some old Washington friends, and we got lots of Grandma and Grandpa time. I was really lame, and these are almost all the pictures I took from our whole visit.
 With Great Grandma & Grandpa Havens. How cute are they?!

 At the Mariners game. Jane was terrified in this moment, about to squeeze Ryan's head off. And yet she is still fascinated by this moose. She still tells me, "we saw the moose. . . he's nice".
 On our way to the aquarium.



 Jane lasted on this merry go round about as long as it took to take this picture. Then she wanted OFF!!!
We got to see a good amount of friends during our stay. With Ryan so busy, my parents working during the daytime, and being there a whole month long - the kids and I had some time on our hands. It was actually really nice, because normally when we head back to Seattle it is only for a week and we really don't have a lot of time to get together with friends. I was NOT GOOD about taking pictures with the people we got to visit, but my dear friend took these pictures and sent them to me. Christie was my college room mate who grew up in Kent. She's back there now, so we drove out to see her, cute Daphne, and her cute prego belly. It was so wonderful to be reunited, and we will definitely be calling her again next time we are in town. Christie has the funnest sense of humor and in our short time together I can tell she is such a good mom.

And I snagged this other photo from Ashley's facebook. Ashley was another college roommate. We were sorority sisters at UW. It had been far too long since we had seen eachother, I was SO HAPPY to meet up with her and her 2 studly little men. It will definitely be happening again. The boys rode ponies!

 One of the weekends that we were in Seattle, my parents watched our kids and Ryan and I headed off to Leavenworth for a little vacation. It was the first time I had been away from the kids overnight. It was a lovely little break. Leavenworth was gorgeous. We ate german food, relaxed, got massages, went shopping, watched movies, slept in, ate waffles, and went golfing. We opted to walk rather than pay for a golf cart = mistake. This course was up in the mountains. It was absolutely SO beautiful, but quite the hike in between holes. And I was pregnant, and very tired. And it was hot. By the end, we were both exhausted. One man even gave us a ride in between one of the holes because he felt bad watching us try to hike up this huge hill. My feet were seriously hurting by the end. It was fun, but I learned my lesson. Never be cheap when it comes to golfing while pregnant in the mountains.


We enjoyed out time in Washington, but after 2 months of moving around, I was really tired of living out of a suitcase. We were ready to head back home - but not before hitting up Utah one last time for Jake & Tracy Havens' wedding. We just couldn't miss it so we drove the car back to Utah for one last week before heading back to NY.

1 comment:

Christie said...

hey I was a part of this! I think I may have a picture to send you from when you and your kids came to visit. Daphne still talks about "my Cruise friend (meaning Crew) and his girl (meaning Jane)... and we ate bread in my toy room and we walked up and down the stairs like this" haha... funny the things kids remember