Friday, May 3, 2013

More Visitors - May 2012

I like to believe I talked Kelly & Jana & Sophie into coming to see us. Either way, we were so happy they came! I took them to West Meadow Beach one afternoon.


 It was so fun getting some cousin time in.
 We braved the city, 3 adults and 3 children. We had a rather exciting beginning getting on the subway. I still laugh when I think about it a year later. I ran to catch the train that would take us from Brooklyn to Manhattan, forgetting that there were 2 others following me . . . both pushing strollers. Basically, I made it on the train, Jana only made it halfway through the closing doors, and Kelly was left standing on the platform with Crew. We all looked like idiots when a woman had to pull open the door for Jana and Kelly. It was an awkward ride from that point on. During a stroll through central park . . . 

 Jana & I ran the Brooklyn half marathon on Saturday morning. We got up super early, drove to Brooklyn, and took the train to our starting point. Then we ran back and the race ended at Coney Island. Our finish time was 1:58. I was so happy with that because I finished this one feeling strong - which was a different experience from my first one. I was actually able to sprint the last stretch. On my first half, something in my knee was hurting so bad that I finished in a lot of pain. Kelly & Ryan tried to drive out with the kids for our finish, but got stuck in Brooklyn traffic for a couple of hours. After we met up, we all walked around a bit and let the kids ride some rides before heading back to Long Island. 
 Sunday Dinner on the patio.
 We LOVED the company!!!!

No comments: