Tuesday, May 7, 2013

October in New York - Halloween

We made it to the pumpkin patch this year. We went on a hayride, drank apple cider, got doughnuts, bounced in a bouncy house, and picked out some pumpkins. 



 We made it to the park with some friends on a warmer October day.
 The kids had a Halloween party with some friends. Crew became obsessed with the movie The Incredibles at some point over the summer. I don't even remember who he first saw it with, but he was Dash ALL SUMMER LONG. And Jane was Violet and Ryan was Mr. Incredible, and I was Elastigirl, and the baby in my tummy was Jack Jack. And let me tell you, Crew & Jane called us by those names very consistently. Jane still calls me Elastigirl. When strangers at the grocery store asked Jane what her name was, she would tell them she was Violet, and that Crew was Dash. And sometimes when they were older folk who had no idea about the movie "The Incredibles", I wouldn't even go into detail and explain it to them. . . I got sick of explaining how much they loved the movie, and thought they were the real thing so I just let them think her name was Violet. It was easier. My sister in law lent us the costume for Dash, and I decided it would be fun if we all dressed up. So I ended up making costumes for the whole family. I think they turned out pretty awesome. We had never done a family costume before. It was pretty fun, and the kids LOVED it that we were all dressed up together.



This was after Jane's mask broke, and we tried to do a quick fix so we could get some good pictures in. Ryan tried to rig it with a rubber band. It was a little tight :)

I NEVER would have posted these pictures at the time they were taken. But since its been a good 6 months, and I am no longer pregnant, I feel it important to remember. But seriously, how embarassing! Still can't believe I wore it. I bought the shirt and leggings, and by the time I wore them a couple weeks later I swear they got quite a bit tighter. Such is pregnancy, I suppose. I scored the black undies from Walmart for 97 cents. Ha!



 Happy Halloween from The Incredibles.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You guys are awesome parents!